With age comes an increased risk for falling — exactly why implementing elderly fall prevention is so important. Many seniors live in fear of having a simple slip that leads to an emergency room visit or even worse. In fact, falls are the No. 1 cause of fatal injuries for older adults. Through a home safety assessment for the elderly, you or your loved one can take strategic steps to stay safe.
Custom Home Care provides fall prevention at home in an elderly person’s environment, from assistance with passive-range of motion to help with pre-prepared exercise plans. Sometimes, installing a bed rail or bathroom grab bars can be life-changing. Individualized physical therapy can also make a big impact in terms of fall prevention in older adults.
Who Benefits From Fall Prevention Services?
Intended for seniors with:
- Physical limitations
- A need for assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Alzheimer’s & dementia
- Poor medication compliance
- The need for companionship
- Feelings of loneliness & isolation
- Post-surgery & rehab needs
- Short term illnesses such as the flu, urinary tract infections (UTIs) or generalized weakness
- Family caregivers needing respite care in Chicago or the surrounding area
- The need for assistance with outings, errands and appointments
- And other individual client needs and requests
Why Choose Custom Home Care?
Since 1994, Custom Home Care stands out as the most trusted home care agency for Chicago seniors. We take a loving approach to improving patients’ lives — including through fall protection for the elderly. When you come to us for in-home care for you or your family member, we provide the reliable, comprehensive array of services that make it possible to stay happy and healthy in the familiar home environment where you want to be.
Our agency is owned and managed by nurses, our team is exceptionally experienced, and our caregivers are available 24/7/365. When you want to take a proactive approach to staying safe at home, talk to us about implementing a fall-prevention-in-the-elderly checklist.
To learn more, contact Custom Home Care for a free nursing consultation.