About Our Senior Caregivers
Our senior caregivers are the heart of our company and we are proud of the critical role they play in the care and comfort provided to our clients. We require our caregivers to provide the same quality of care we expect for our own families. Our senior caregivers are experienced, well trained, knowledgeable, compassionate and trustworthy. They share our goal of making your home care experience a positive one.
Our professional senior caregivers are carefully screened. This screening includes a fingerprint background check, drug testing, TB testing, physical exam, competency exam, reference checks and two levels of interviews. They are also required to attend in house training. All of our senior caregivers are valued employees, and we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental insurance coverage.
Our senior caregivers are the face of our company and we are proud to employ the best in the business.
Our Caregivers work in:
- Private homes
- Retirement communities
- Assisted living communities
- Skilled nursing homes
- Rehabilitation centers
“There’s no place like home.”
– Dorothy, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
Qualifications and Safety:
- Our Caregivers must have a minimum of 1 year of positive and verifiable experience
- They complete a two-step interview process, one with a member of our management team and another with our Training Coordinator.
- Pass a written proficiency exam
- Pass a fingerprint-based criminal background check, and be verified that they are not a registered sex offender or listed in any inmate locator databases
- Pass a drug test
- Skill evaluations
- Alzheimer Training
- Health evaluation and TB Testing
- Proof of eligibility for employment in the United States
Taking the Worry Out of Hiring a Caregiver
- Professional references are thoroughly checked
- Caregivers are employees of Custom Home Care, LLC, we are responsible for State and Federal income tax withholding and unemployment taxes
- Caregivers are covered by our workmen’s compensation insurance
- Caregivers are provided health insurance benefits
- Federal Employment Eligibility is verified
- We are licensed, bonded and insured
- Coverage is provided for Caregivers time-off